Re: programmable engine management

I haven't read EVERY post on this topic, but a few of the last ones.

My experience:
  Using TB mapping on a Haltech F9 or F9a on restricted bike engines.
My $0.02:
  Haltech requires that you hook up the MAP sensor even if you are doing TB
mapping.  I can't recall exactly, but it uses the map pressure to correct
for something or other.  Don't know about TEC, but it may require
installation of the MAP even if it isn't used for MAP mapping.

  Someone asked how TB mapping allows correction for temp, humidity and
altitude.  Altitude is corrected by measuring air pressure (I think this is
where the MAP comes in).  Temp is corrected by an ambient temp sensor, and
on Haltech's, the temp correction is tuneable.  Humidity itself is not
corrected for, I believe, and is part of the O2 sensor's job.

  My other 0.02 is that, in my experience, TB mapping works better than MAP
mapping, though I have heard some people say that is a problem with
Haltech's.  For the Badger5 setup, I would imagine that TB is much more
reliable just because the pressure waves are going to be so nutty, and even
if you route the 4 lines to a common canister to dampen the pulsations, it
seems like this is not going to be as accurate a reading as you would want
for primary fuel mapping.

My suggestion:
Use TB mapping, with the MAP hooked up to all 4 inlets without any extra
provision (i.e. canister) to dampen waves.  A small reservoir wouldn't be a
bad idea, but I'd probably try it without.

Sincerely;
Brian Haygood