Re: tranny final ratios (4k,fk,9a,&2h)

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 22:02:32 -0400 "chris jevens" <rocco1987@hotmail.com>
writes:
> Now I'm a little confused who is correct here... I thought that the
> final ratio for a 4K was 3.94 not 3.89 which is what the link that Neal

> Tovsen posted up for us to figure out which tranny would be the best
for
> our application 16v motors...

I used to go by the VW&Porsche chart, but now I go by the VW ETKA, and it
has the 4K as 67/17, which works out to 3.94...
FN, FF, and FK are all 3.89
9A is 3.67
4K and 2H is 3.94

> Quick question for those of you dealing with VW6speed... did you
> finally get your trannies back? Finished I hope!
>
> hope this confuses everyone... so who is correct...???
> chris jevens

I spoke to Gary Peloquin about that mess last week and Chris, the dude he
sent to Vince over 6 months ago, is still waiting...
I also recommended Vince LociZero for Quaife installs, which I regret
now, but at the time, he was the place to go...

Peter - http://thescirocco.com - Discount Techtonics, Autotech-Quaife
USA, Ronal, Motorworks, Magnecor & Peloquin Dealer -  Bear, DE 19701

'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco "Oddball"
'84 GTI 63 348  - SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
http://www.neojedi.com/feedbyte/topTen.php