Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1889

RE:  New wheels/Snow tires

Scott Williams is giving excellent advise.  Sears should handle the
Blizzaks in 175/70-13, which is the correct size.  Only alternative would
be 185/65-13?  But Blizzaks have limited life and I'd save them for
another couple months if your current tires are not hydroplanning.  Less
skid depth generally translates to better traction in dry, all other
things equal.

And running lowered MKI, especially if you have any kind of air dam, you
can act like snow plow if you get deep, unplowed snow.  I used to remount
the stock duckbills on my 78 when I ran it in winter.  Best not to run
your vintage car.
They have no fender liners and the fenders will go that much quicker.

My $0.02.

 -- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre