Quick Alternator Q.

I think mine may not be charging and at this time I don't have a voltmeter
to check it with. My question is this: I know on some/most cars you can do
a ghetto check by pulling the positive while the car is running and if the
alternator is charging the charge will keep the car running.
Mine stalls out when I do this, but I am not sure if this method works on
this car. Does anyone know? 87 16v by the way

  Thanks,
    Randy

=====
Randy