exploding brake pads! Re: What's the straight dope on SS brake lines?(long tech response)

Speaking of exploding brake pads, my A4 1.8T decided to lose about 1/2 of a pad on the passenger side rear wheel on vacation -- whoops. What a shitty VW flaw, one day 1/2 pad left, next day it's gone and im on the backing plate. It was my birthday, so I ordered cross drilled front & rear rotors, Mintex C-tech pads, stainless lines, and super blue fluid for it. WTF not, it needs a new rear rotor now, and the front pads don't seem to wear, they've chewed through 1/2 the rotor already though! Weird. Those of you with A4 Golf/Jettas, keep an eye on your brakes. I drive the shit out of this car, so I guess I should expect this to happen. 	-ghuff