From: Scott F. Williams [mailto:sfwilliams@home.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 11:26 AM
To: vze26kw6@verizon.net
Cc: Scirocco List
Subject: RE: [TECH] Wheels & Tires...HELP!

> My problem is $$$ money baby...All I have for funds at this point is my
> Sears card. That's it! The money I do have has to go to my Motronic
> ignition. I am truly screwed. Unless I keep the 13" stock rims
> that came on the 81 (which is what I wanted to do) and try to find a good
snow tires or
> something. I live just south of Boston so snowy conditions are highly
> likely. I honestly don't know what to do...What is that biggest
> fattest tire
> I can put on the 13's ?

Forget big and fat when what you want for the coming season is tall and
skinny. I highly recommend that you buy snow tires for your 13" rims, enjoy
amazing traction during the winter, and then spend some *cash* in the Spring
on real performance tires. This way you will have max traction, the best
cash flow, and must only sacrafice some performance during this Fall. Either
do this or head down to your local junkyard and simply buy some GTI rims for
$25 each. Mount up some $50 performance tires in the 195/55/14 size and call
it a day until the snow comes.

If your options are truly limited to just what you can charge right this
second... then you should grin and bear what you've got right now or borrow
$100 from somebody for the rims. Plastic is evil when you don't have the
cash to back it up.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut