Update on BAR guage and oil pressure

Started up the Scirocco again today and let it warm up
a little longer this time, let it run for about ten
minutes. When first started the gauge read around 1.2
bar at 980 RPM idle, but after the engine warms up it
drops to a scary .5 bar, and the reading at 2000 RPM
is only about 1.5 bar(not the 2.0 that the Bentley
says it should be). So it looks like I'll be needing
an oil pump, I guess?

I checked the oil level and it's perfect, so other
then the pump is there anything else that may cause
low pressure? And when and if I do replace the pump
should I go ahead and upgrade to a 2.0 pump?

Later...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'86 Scirocco 16V (Almost out of the garage)
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (Got parts?)
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting it's turn for resto)
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 (Currently daily driver)