Re: [clutch suggestion .....]

"Dan Kraus" <dirtbike@warwick.net> wrote:
Hello,

    What type of clutch is recommended for a 2.0l bottom w/ 1.8 head motor?

Prices?

TIA,
Dan Kraus :-)

Make sure to specify SACHS if you have the dealer do it. I just had a second
clutch put in, went with the stock Sachs (on the advice of numerous listers)
and it does not feel anywhere near the same as the previous excuse for a
clutch which went in at the time of the engine swap. Much snappier, more
positive grip. The first clutch lasted about 3000kms, (yes, 3 thousand) and it
was just plain burnt out, looked like the one we took out of the Jetta with
360,000kms on it. Some no name brand. I suspect this one is going to be much
better. And mine was $140 CDN for the kit. (that's about $2.00 US, but who
knows what the exchange is right now...)

Cathy, 1987 Scirocco 16V, 2L/1.8 head "The atomic silver door wedge"
***NEW TODAY*** axle seals that seal!!!WOOHOO! (will it ever end)