Problem fixed/Junkyard finds!

Well, yesterday i went to the local junkyard to see if i could find a or
some knock sensors after reading the advice of several people.  I did end up
getting 2 knock sensors for, well for free!  hehe.  I installed one on my
16v and it seems to have worked. Thanks! everyone!
While i was there, i was lookin at some of the new arrivals to the yard.
There was a rabbit pickup truck that someone was in the stages of ricing out
when it was sent to the yard.  It had pretty much all the plastic stuff
painted with red krylon spray paint (ICK!) Someone had installed spacers in
the rear end to jack it up... it was SLAMED in the front,  i got exciting
thinking i was gonna get a set of coilovers or something, but after jacking
it up i saw that the basket on the strut that was holding the spring that
was cut in half, was not even there!!!  Rotted right off!  Damn.
There was also an older mk1 rocco... id say '77ish?  It had the nicer front
fenders without the big ass turn signal cutout.  I may go back and pick up
these fenders for myslef... THe other thing was that it was equipped with a
webber carb setup?  There was a sticker on the front rad support that said
webber and some specs.  The carb and intake man were gone, but it seemed to
have all the other stuff... there was a funny looking fuel pressure
regulator, accumulator and airbox.  Was this factory?  OR something that
someone put on as a mod?  I thought vw's used Zenith or some shit?  It also
had the dual outlet manafold on it still.  Maybee i aughta put an add in the
paper that sais i will take your old vw's, DONT send em to the junkyard! ;)

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'88 Jetta GLI 16v (FOR SALE..$700 or trade for 2L motronic)
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin' a new life)
'87 Scirocco 16v (muh baby!)
'79 Scirocco GTI (parts beotch)
'80 Scirocco S (only the rear half)
'81 Scirocco S (at the body shop NOW!)
'81 Scirocco S (12 pack rocco)
'93 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6 (winter beater)
****
ICQ# 91932895
AIM Username: xscirocco16vx
My web page (work in progress!)