re: knuckles (back on topic)

A question to the esteemed list experts.

Are the steering knuckles from a '86.5 16v Rocco the same as the earlier 8v
knuckles?

I'm upgrading an '86 Cabrio with 10.1 brakes and 16v engine/transmission. I
had removed the donor knuckles, hubs, and brakes. Rehabbed all of the parts
with new bearings, powder coating, caliper enamel, and ss lines. Installed
these assemblies in the Cabbie. The brakes are great, I recommend this
upgrade to everyone but the knuckles are bent and an alignment is
impossible. I've gotten another set of knuckles that are reported to be off
of a 16v with the 10.1 brakes. Upon returning home and comparing them with
the original knuckles from the Cabbie, I can not find any difference between
the two. They measure the same everywhere.

Not wanting to practice this exercise more than I need to, I'm asking, "are
the steering knuckles from a '86.5 16v Rocco the same as the earlier 8v
knuckles"? Besides I don't want to single handedly support the wheel bearing
manufacturers.

While contemplating this question, please bear in mind that this car will be
getting the 100mm Rocco axles.

Rick Alexander
http://www.brubakerbox.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/hams/