Rocs in the Fog 2k+1 - Detailed Plan (There is a Digest Ver too)

Rocs in the Fog 2k+1 will be running a joint operation with some of our
fellow A1 enthusiast.
<http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=82702>

[If your ride is not road worthy, just come and climb in with someone
else.]

Bring:

Cameras, film (duh), no 'alki-haul' a windproof coat, talkabout radio
and/or cell phone, your self and a freind if you like; more the better.

The plan is to join up in two spots on the way to Marin county where we
will join that group.

10:00 AM Sat 15th, Sept 2001
- 1st Gathering point for those coming up from Southern California and
the South Bay is:

New Dimensions in Santa Clara:
2240 De La Cruz Blvd. Santa Clara, CA 95050
<http://www.newdimensions.com/images/map.jpg>
<http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find?link=btwn%2Ftwn-map_results&random=565&event=find_search&SNVData=&address=2240+De+La+Cruz+Blvd&city=Santa+Clara&State=CA&Zip=95050&Find+Map.x=33&Find+Map.y=5>

>From there we jaunt up Highway 280, a semi-like Autobahn type freeway.
Speeds will be 70-ish or what ever traffic is doing. (No need to get a
ticket when we are just setting out.)

10:45 AM
- 2nd Rally Point is in San Francisco, out on the coast:

Here is where any folks from 'Sacatametoes' and the Greater East Bay who
have come out S.F.'s Geary Blvd. and turned south on Highway 1 will find
the rest of us. (Your more than welcome to join up @ ND folks. If so,
think 580, then south on 880/17. De La Cruz is just north of the SJ
Airport off of 101.)

Highway 1 across from the Beach Chalet (where we have had dinner after
last year's event.)
1000 Great Highway @ Ocean Beach San Francisco
It's just south of the Cliff House restaurant.  (Riptide Red Ale,
Mmmmmmm.)
<http://www.beachchalet.com/map.html>
(Note: the pic list above makes you think Geary starts @ Van Ness but it
starts @ Market St. really.)

>From here we cross the Golden Gate Bridge via the Presideo:
Geary to 25th then Lincoln to GG Bridge.

==================
Here is info from ERIC <mailto:ericb@lilien.com>
of the A1 RABBIT Gruppe:
(They are gathering in Marin Co.)
==================
Meeting time: 11:00 AM
Meeting place: Holiday Inn Express (160 Shoreline Ave Mill Valley CA
94941)
Contact info:
email ericb@lilien.com
cell 415-279-0385 (after 11:00AM Sat 9/15)
Talkabout Rabbit/Gruppe frequency: 4.1
Talkabout Scirocco frequency: 5.5

(anyone with cell phones PLEASE forward those numbers to me so I can
make up a list before this weekend, with the size of this group and the
likelihood we will be out of Talkabout range for part of it cell contact
will be very useful!)

- From Southbay:

NB 101 to Mill Valley/Stinson Beach exit, as you exit the freeway you
are on Shoreline Highway.  Look for the Holiday Inn Express sign just
after you drive under the freeway overpass (well, it's really a
bridge...), right turn into the parking area (it should be the first
possible turn after you drive below the freeway and come through a
signal intersection).

- From Northbay (or Sac area if driving west on 580):

SB 101 to Mill Valley/Stinson Beach exit.  Follow exit ramp and keep
right.  As you drive down a slight hill you approach a signal
intersection with three lanes, use the middle lane (right hand lane for
left turn if that makes sense) and make a left turn onto Shoreline
Highway. Look for the Holiday Inn Express sign just after you make the
turn, right turn into the parking area it should be the first possible
turn after you come through the intersection.
=================

OK, That was how to get to the Mill Valley Rendezvous spot. Here is the
basic plan over Mt Tamalpias:

=================
 - From here we should be able to rally and make further plans.  For now
the Rabbit group (and any Roccos, etc.) will be doing a modified Gate to
Gate to end up in Bolinas...<editted>

Likely route:
Shoreline Highway to Panoramic, west onto Pan Toll Road, west onto West
Ridgecrest.
Follow W. Ridgecrest to  the Bolinas / Fairfax road, then down the
Bolinas side to Highway 1.

Depending on time left return via Sir Francis Drake to Fairfax, up
Fairfax side, east on W. Ridgecrest, etc.

I hope to see the usual faces as well as lots of new ones, can't wait to
ogle some nice A1s!
Eric

So, there you have it- A hole mess o' info.

Contact me @ work 650 736-0217 up to 6pm Friday, pager always on: 650
335-0256.

TBerk
Scirocco.Org