Resistor pack and control switch

I had to replace a fresh air blower that had a cracked
mount with one from the salvage yard and it works
great, but the problem is when I shut the blower off
from the switch the blower still runs at a very slow
speed. The previous owner had replaced the blower
also, and had replaced the switch at the same time
with a three position switch, even though the face
showed four positions. I need to know if there are
different resistor packs for different switches?

This may be a simple fix, I may have the correct
blower/resistor pack that was meant to be in my car
but just need to get a four position switch.

Later...