RE: [VW-TECH] how much HP can a 8v tranny

The 1.8l GTI trannies can take stock 1.8T power for a very long time without
a problem at all. In fact, I was considering a 1.8T swap there for a while
and never even planned to change the trans. It really isn't power that
breaks transmissions anyway, it is sudden applications of torque. The key to
real speed is smoothness behind the wheel (or pedals), so just behave
yourself and you'll be fine.

What code box do you have anyway?
--
Scott F. Williams