RE: What's the straight dope on SS brake lines?

It is the brake rotors that take the heat. Once they
are too hot, you then have no brake untill the rotors
cool down. This is why you have vented rotors for any
serious braking setup. And if you are really serious,
the you have them drilled. Drilled rotors are not
necessary for street setup though, same as slotted
rotors. Slotted rotors are an expensive way to avoid
slotted pads.

Thanks.

Marc
'83 Scirocco