Re: 85 to 120 mph speedo conversion

--- Shawn C Meze <skerocdriver@juno.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 06:36:44 -0700 (PDT) Daun
> Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com>
> writes:
> >Hey all...
> >
> >A friend of mine has an '82 that he'd like to put a
> 120 mph
> >instrument cluster into.  However, the electrical
> >connectors are different.  I know people have done
> the
> >conversion - what's the trick?
> >
> >TIA!
>

> Simple. He origionally has a Motometer cluster and
> he tried to install a
> VDO cluster. Not the same. He needs to find a
> Motometer 120 mph spedo
> cluster. N-kay?

Why not just swap the speedo from one cluster to the
other?

That's how I did it in my '82 . . .

(thinking without my spare clusters in view)

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)