Re: VR6 motor in a scirocco

--- Dave Ewing <rabbit16v@prodigy.net> wrote:
> P.S.  Still can't find anyone who has DRIVEN a VR6 Scirocco yet
> everyone
> says it is too heavy in the front for handling?!?  It would be great
> to keep....

You can call Shawn at Momentum... I inquired about VR6s in Sciroccos
awhile back, and he said the handling was better, to my surprise (or
maybe he was just trying to sell the idea to me *shrug*). He was cool
to talk to and forthcoming with info, though.

FWIW,
They can either hang the motor for you, or do a complete swap. They
will even rent you a custom jig if you want to fabricate motor mounts
yourself.

I think people initially did the VR6 swaps for the shock value and/or
to prove the naysayers that it could be done. I think it's a cool swap,
but I have a feeling that maintenance would be a PITA.

chrisg