2.0 conversion

I'm thinking of putting in a 2.0 in my 86 8V.  I can get a 2.0 from a
2001 jetta (oil pan, block, cross flow head) for next to nothing.  I
think that is the one called ABA.  It needed new rings because the oil
consumption is about a quart per 1000 miles.  If I go that route, I'm
keep my solid head and use a g-grind cam.  I know I'll have lots of
things to workout as far a the distributor goes.  I could, on the other
had, get a audi 2.0 for a few hundred bucks and have an easier time
putting it in.  Either way, I be using a manual rack with no A/C. The
car is a daily driver (well, when I'm not on my motorcycle) and I drive
from Virginia to NYC about once a month.

   Here are my question

1. Is there any power difference between the two engines?

2.  Has someone put in one of the above and wished they had picked the
other?

3.  I know this one is silly - what kind of gas mileage should I expect
at 75 mph ( I get 33 with my 1.8)

Thanks