clutch problems persist

As you may or may not recall, I was having problems with the clutch not
completely disengaging.  The car will not go into gear at all when the
engine is running and the clutch is in.

I got an adjustable clutch cable from the junkyard because I wanted to see
if that would fix my problem.  Well, it didnt.  I had it adjusted so far up
that the arm was hitting the transmission mount.  But the clutch still didnt
catch until way far out in the pedal travel (when I put it in gear and
started the car up).

I have the 5th gear cover off right now and I'm looking at the throwout
bearing, and it looks okay...(???) Could the problem be here still?  I had
also pulled the transmission and looked at all the clutch stuff and it
looked okay.  Could the thrust plate be bent in or something?

Stock 16v pressure plate, clutchnet dual fiber disc, 4K with .71 5th gear
from kraftswerk, everything with less than 10k miles.  All soaking in
redline MTL.  No rude clutch dumps, I ALWAYS took it super easy on the
shifts.

Help?

thanks
Joe