Re: [Advice] Cat converter

Here's how it goes, I went to a body shop, not the usual one i go to 'cause
my sticker was expiring that day.
The guy put the car up on the rack and under the inspection part, failed the
car, cause the cat was burnt and the driver side outer cv was busted and
greasy. So i would have failed anyway. Then he said he'd pass me for $150.
Needless to say I left. I had my uncle take it to his shop and it did pass
the emission with the burnt out cat and all. So now I just have to fix the
cv.

> > My cat converter is burnt out and thus will not pass inspection in
> > NY.
>
> Is it failing emissions? If so, I'd look elsewhere...
>
> Several listers are running hollow cats on their 16V's, and pass
> emissions no problem.
> I have a TT race downpipe on my 16V and it passes the sniff test.

> Yes... I installed a TT race downpipe on my stock '88 Scirocco 16V, and
> it made a big difference.

 stick with the stock exhaust manifold, especially on a daily driver.

> The cheapest way is to install the TT weld-in repair cat...
> How's your flex fitting?
>
> The easiest way is get the TT cat/downpipe...

Thanks for the advice. I think as soon as I get some expendable cash, I'll
do the TT downpie/cat fix.
You sell these dont ya?