RE: [Tech] Suspension Front strut bearings.

No problem. A small gap (maybe <1cm?) is totally normal. Keep in mind that
the whole weight of the car is supported by essentially "hanging" from those
blocks of rubber. That's what provides the nice cushy ride your wife likes.
:)

You got those bearings from Potter, right? They should say "Febi" on the
top...those are the good German OEM ones.

If it's 3-4cm, the rubber is bad, but it shouldn't be like that for more
than a few years...

Got it running? GREAT!

Neal