Re: [Mk1gti] [tech] 2.0l Swap 8V

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 23:06:34 -0500 "Patrick Bureau" <pbureau@home.com>
writes:
> The ABA block is exactly 16mm taller, making the gap between the
> exhaust manifold and the down pipe that.
> I guess a machined shim/plate could be created... I am still trying
> to source one already made (TT maybe.. web site is incomplete I need to

> call them...

Techtonics has a tall block downpipe for the euro or US dual exhaust
manifolds.
These tall block downpipes are used with cats...

The more recent long TT downpipes, that do away with the cat,  fit both
the tall block and the regular 8V's.

HTH!
Peter - http://thescirocco.com - Discount Techtonics, Autotech-Quaife
USA, Ronal, Magnecor & Peloquin Dealer -  Bear, DE 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V "Retro"
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Scirocco "Oddball"
'84 GTI  - SciRollers: '79 White Champagne Edition, '84 Black, '88 Red -
http://www.neojedi.com/feedbyte/topTen.php