Re: [Re: Differences between 8v and 16v]

"dale witt" <dwitt1@satx.rr.com> wrote:
The 86.5 16v was introduced in this part of the country in June of 86.  You
could choose between red or black.  Silver and white was introduced in 87.

++++And nobody really cares WHEN they introduced the colour of my 16V,
affectionatly known as "K car (pale) blue", officially Alpine Blue Metallic.

And us Canucks got the P slots (as beautiful as K car blue) instead of the
teardrops on the 16V's.

And more trivia, I saw a REAL (Canadian) 89 at a car show and the throttle
body was on the wrong side, golf style. It was factory, not a drop in engine.
The owner's friend made a joke with her about VW using up leftover Golf parts,
this may be close to the truth???