started cleaning connections and adding ground wires but problems are getting worse

Car: 88 16v Scirocco

I started cleaning connections and adding ground wires but problems are
getting worse

Original problem Post listed below (At End of Email):

New issues:
	Low Power
	Valve taping
	Battery light comes on at x RPM were x is slightly lower everyday
		it started at 6000 3 weeks ago and now comes one at 3500
		as a note x rpm is 500 rpm higher with the blower and
defrost on

What I have done. (Last 2 weeks)
	replace +Battery cable to starter with 2 gauge
	cleaned all connections at +starter and +-Battery and coated with
Vaseline
	Added Extra 4 Gauge - From battery to frame.
	Clean 10/40 oil / filter / proper levels maintained
	Replaced Fuel filter
	I have started using 93 octane because of the valve tap (Still taps
sometimes but not as harshly)
	ran a tank of injector cleaner for shits and grins
	(within one year)
		Plugs/cables/cap/rotor
		adjusted timing, idle, mixture
		O2 sensor/exhaust
		replaced broken ground strap from head to coil mount with 4
gauge cable

What I didn't do.
	direct connections from battery to alt, Not sure what to do/what
goes where
	Added direct - connection from battery to Starter, Not sure what to
do/what goes where
	Replace Negative Battery Cable Not sure were the other end connects
	haven't inspected my plugs

Some of my thoughts
	electrical issue (I hope)
	knock sensor(s) (low voltage signal, low power, ping)
	Vacuum issue (I am ignorant on this topic) but I did have an extra
line when I bought the car
		I just pulled it off and plugged the hole.
	Engine just plain Fucked...

thanks
Jeremiah
88 16v

I have and 88 16v with a long list of problems.
I am the second owner and have always had problems.
any help will be greatly appreciated

I don't want to overwhelm the group with the whole list a once.
so I will start with the one that bugs me the most.

when hot the car has trouble starting, the crank is really slow
the severity is relative to the temperature

according to the oil temp gauge:
Cold - Starts on first Crank
90-95C - Normal starts fine cranks normal speed - Starts on first Crank
100C - Slow crank Most Likely will start
105C - very slow crank if it doesn't catch in the first crank forget it
110+C - not a chance

The car will pop start and run with no problem

when running if it gets over 105 it may be unstable rpms drop at idle
at 110+ it is most definitely unstable and you have to keep the rpm over 3k
to keep from stalling and even that is a challenge

Putting the heater on defrost with the blower on 1st speed helps keep the
temp down and the blower brings the Idle up to +-1900 rpm
Modes other than defrost not so effective

The slow crank and successful pop starting rule out vapor lock if I am not
mistaken.

I suspect that this is more than one problem
A. the overheating
B. the slow crank as a result of the overheating

any Ideas?