[Story]Finished my 2.0 16v conversion(long)

Hi

I thought that I'll write you all to let you
know that I finished (well almost) my 2.0
16v conversion.

So what I got under the hood now is:
9A Block fully rebuilt new seals, gaskets, bearings
KR Head Fully ported, redesigned valves and valve guides
Schrick 268 Cams
Badger 5 throttlebodies portmached to head
SDS 3E electronic ignition system
Supersprint 16v exhaust system (that I got last year actually)

Now I've been driving around with it for 3 weeks and
what can I say, this setup is mean.
Very powerful starting from bottom and whe you hit that
4000rpm mark then it wants to tear you apart (At least
it did it with my gearbox :) ). During the 3 weeks I
broke the oilpan, changed bearings, oil pump, oil,
gearbox and minor other things. And I'm still afraid
about the gearbox. As every time I step on it it feels
like its giving up on me.

Problem with the first gearbox was the selfmachinig
syndrome. Now I'm afraid that I have to do something
with the gearbox to make it stronger. Probably I'll
have to start saving for quaife.

Other problem is that I have no vacuum for the brake
booster and I'm afraid to drill holes to the throttlebodies.
But I guess I have no other options as electronic
vacuum boosters are very expensive. :(

Third problem is that there's nobody in Estonia who
can fine tune my EFI system. Problem is that there's
not a one working dyno left in here. :(

Well, at least I can say that I'm happy with my dream
setup here. Gotta change a whole lot of things to make
it reliable. There's a sayng that this and that car
has deep exhaust note, well, I can say, that I have
DEEP intake note, because this setup is a screamer.
As soon as RPM's get over 2000 it screams like a
formula 1 car (Owners note: I' like it! :) ).

If anybody cares here are some pics of installing the stuff
http://www.eabc.edu.ee/~laurts/scirocco/2016vinstall.htm

BTW. My webpages address is changed, so everybody who
has linked me up should change the address to:
http://www.eabc.edu.ee/~laurts/scirocco/
Of course if I find some missed links I'll point it out
to the owner of the site.

Lauri!
'84 2.0 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.eabc.edu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added something new to my site!