Re: Replacing synchros

Yep! The bolt kit is a damn good idea. You'll also need all new seals
and gaskets plus the 5th gear bolt is one of those "always replace"
bolts (~$28). The rest is down to inspection. Some of the bearings are
bound to be bad. Specifically the small pinion shaft tapered roller
bearing is a prime suspect.
One note: if the large pinion shaft bearing needs to be replaced DO NOT
buy the bearing w/retainer plate from the dealer for ~$100. It's a
standard bearing and any idiot can install it in the existing retainer
plate using a hammer and punch.
Dan