RE: [non] speeding ticket (get out of?)

Were you doing 75 in a 65 ? If you were, pay the ticket. You were
wrong...Ooooh you're gonna hate me for that ;-0

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Foxx (in a box)
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2001 2:23 AM
To: scirocco list
Subject: [non] speeding ticket (get out of?)

  well, it seems as if the highway patrol wanted to fill it's quota for
the weekend. only problem is, i wasn't speeding. five years without a
speeding ticket for a reason. however, since it'd be my word against his
(i don't think he'll show anyhow), i've began searching for other
things, and have some up with so interesting discrepancies. what i'm
wanting to know are what people think about my chances of getting off
clean. private e-mails are welcome and, i'm sure, preferred. i live in
ohio, btw.

1) in bold at the bottom of the citation is states that the officer
needs to check the address to make sure it is correct. my license does
not list my current address nor was i asked.

2) he states that my car is grey. it's black graphite metallic, if you
want to get picky.

3) box on the citation is checked that my proof of insurance was shown.
it was not, nor was my registration (which has my correct address on
it).

4) ticket states i was doing 75 in a 55. the freeway is 65. at any rate,
the amount i am supposed to pay (it's circled on an attached sheet) is
for 1 to 9 mph over the speed limit.

  i'm just wondering because i'm not too happy with getting pulled over
for doing the speed limit (it was doing 65. if not, i'd've been pulled
over by any number of the other cops that had clocked me). that plus a
clean driving record and nice, low insurance premiums, not to mention
that my job is a parts driver, just make me wonder. i'd be interested to
hear what you "professionals" have to say about this. thanx for the
space.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com