Fuba Antenna wiring

I'm hooking up a new head unit and found that the PO
had cut the connector off and just electric taped the
bare wire to the radio antenna input, not plugged,
taped! I'm surprised I was able to get any radio
stations. Now that I'm re-wiring things I need to know
what's up with these Fuba antenna wires? I have what I
thought to be a coax with an extra wire strapped to
the side, the coax has a very tiny wire in the middle
were I thought I'd find a thick core. What am I
supposed to do? Is that tiny wire the actual core? The
damn thing is smaller then a human hair! And what
about that extra piggyback wire?

Any info would be great.

Thanks...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'86 Scirocco 16V (Almost out of the garage)
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (Got parts?)
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting it's turn for resto)
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 (Currently daily driver)