RE: waking up a cop late at night at a light.... WAS: Whatdoyou g et when you pass the State trooper at 85?

I have to respond to this one...

I too was professionally trained in Germany (I lived there from the age of 9
to 23). There are a lot of people driving who got their licenses out of a
box of Cracker Jacks or in a box of cereal and they have no business being
on the road. Everyday I see people  not doing things that are allowed by law
or taught in the rediculous driver's ed, and they are causing traffic jams,
accidents or even killing themselves or others. A lot of "children" are
driving high-powered cars that mommy & daddy bought for them and they have
no clue what to do in the event that something should go wrong.  For
example, a few months ago I watched as some kid in a new Camaro ripped out
of a parking lot, spun it around 180 degrees, jumped a curb and hit my
friend's parked Durango head-on. Luckily, no one was hurt but the Camaro was
trashed in the front and underneath.

It's not just young people, it's elderly people too. Just today I was going
home from work, doing about 65mph in a 55 zone and this little old granny
pulled her land yacht right out in front of me...no one was behind me at
all. I guess she was late for bingo or something and couldn't wait 10
seconds for me to go by.

I drive at high speeds all the time and I have NEVER crashed a vehicle or
caused an accident of any kind. Take my scirocco, who killed it? My
girlfriend, who didn't know what do to when she started sliding and then
BAM...scirocco, meet the wall...wall, meet the scirocco.

The faster you go on the street, more attention is needed for what is going
on around you, behind you and way, WAY out in front of you - not just the
vehicle directly in front of you. You HAVE to know what's around you at all
times. You must compensate for the idiots who don't pay attention, who can't
see you, who are blabbing on their cell phone or whatever. You must be
ready - at all times, at any speed - for anything that is thrown at you.

ok. I could go on and on but I'll stop now. I just had to get that off my
chest.

adam
86 8v