From: Dave Ewing [mailto:rabbit16v@prodigy.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 12:05 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Re: Anyone replace their lug bolts with studs and nuts?

WHY!!  Why would you want to use studs?  The only reason I could think is if
you are running slicks and you need the extra strength but even then I don't
know if they are necessarily stronger than the factory bolts let alone
aftermarket.  If you need clearance to use aftermarket wheels get a set of
aftermarket lug bolts, not studs.  Believe me, I have dealt with them on a
number a vehicles, none of the owners liked them, mechanics don't like them
and they are unnecessary.  HTH!!

Dave

> If so, where did you source the studs and nuts from?  What seat angle
> is required?
>
> TIA,
>
> Ron
>
> =====
> Ron (Cheapass)
> '87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
> ICQ 108845455
>
> Stupid is as stupid does.
> -F. Gump

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.