RE: waking up a cop late at night at a light.... WAS: What do you get when you pass the State trooper at 85?

At 05:00 PM 10/30/2001, Brian Wagner wrote:
>Gotcha ya all beat
>
>Try being pulled over by a helicopter in a 71 bug in the foothills in
>Colorado, with a case of beer in the back and being 17.
>
>Need I say more.

Not so sure about that, Brian. :)

<Sophia Petrillo mode on>
Picture this, it was 1994, South Florida.

7:30am:  Pulled over for backing down an entrance ramp to I-95 Northbound
at about 50mph (whatever redline in Reverse was).  I was mega-late for a
Lemon Law Hearing on my client's Lexus, and I-95 was a friggin' parking
lot... so I backed off, and got pulled over.  I told the officer that my
aunt was in an accident in Palm Beach and I had to get there (the accident
part was true; getting there wasn't, she was fine.)  He let me go when I
bust out into tears.  (...And the Emmy goes to...)

7:50am:  (yes, that's 20 minutes later).  Pulled over on the FL Turnpike
Northbound for illegal flashing (some asshole in the left lane who wouldn't
move over and wouldn't go faster than 80 and like I said I was
mega-late).  I lied my way out of that one saying that he slammed on the
brakes when he saw the cop and I flashed him to move over because I was
afraid I wasn't going to stop in time.  ("I was so scared,
Officer...")  Written warning.

3:00am:  Pulled over on I-95 Southbound on my way back from an
excruciatingly long day. That was the one most of you have heard about -
110 in a 55. Mustang, undercover cop, camera mounted in the grille, 8
miles, gun to my head, etc.   I won't bore you with the details. :)

So the golden rule is:  If you get pulled over 2x in a day, the odds are
stacked against you - go HOME and stay there!

Jason