Re: Exhaust manifold-downpipe studs? Replaceable?

> I busted all those studs trying to get the old DP off.  Can i just get an
> easy-out and screw them out, or will I need to drill them out and retap the
> threads?  If so, what size tap?  Help!

  fwiw, i used a hammer to tap on each of the studs in my '86. all came
out with no problems. didn't bother tapping with a hammer on a spare
engine. broke two off inside. my suggest (as proffered by someone else)
is to use a tap of some sort and tap on them to break them loose. drill
a small hole and watch the stud to move. if so, jab something in there
and try and unscrew it. if not, slowly make the hole larger and it'll
probably fall out be itself. as a side note, the previous owner
apparently broke a stud off in my '85. retapped it AND drilled to exhaut
manifold to accept the new 13mm stud. >:(

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com