My Old School Front Sway bar Bracket = Front Core Support was: 7 weeks later - core support damage fixed

Benjamin Harder wrote:

> --- Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Ron could probably be talked into making more of these bars if anyone is
> > interested.  The cost is about $200.  Here are the pics.. beware!  The
> > "before" pics are pretty nasty!
>
> Seeing this bar that Ron made is great...I am collecting ideas for my
> senior design project here at school and this was definitely an idea
> already on my list.  Along with what Eric was talking about...I was
> hoping to design a true "bolt-on" bar that would mount to the front
> bumper bolts and then incorporate the front motor mount.  It sure sounds
> like this kind of stress bar (more like "reinforcement bar") would
> definitely be useful to plenty of rocco owners out there...
> I know that after seeing all these pictures, and hearing about other
> cars having this problem, I'm a bit worried for my 16v too...
>
> =====
> Benjamin Harder

Weeeeeel,

My Mk1 has this old school type bracketrey that runs across the back of
the core support and has a U bolt that loops over the front motor mount.

I'll take some pix (cool low end 'lost leader' digital camera cost $20
:), I don't care to have a web site up yet to post them to but I'll send
Ben some and anyone else who wants them.

Might help to add to the mix.

TBerk