From: Scott F. Williams [mailto:sfwilliams@home.com]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 10:34 AM
To: pbureau@home.com; soltwede@privateI.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: sequential shift transmission conversion!

The problem with engine braking (as opposed to "engine breaking") isn't so
much the chance of hurting the engine. The problem is that modulating the
decelleration force is difficult. For the life of me, I can not understand
why people do this. (Unless the brakes are prone to fading, etc.)
______________________________
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region
100 Wall Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10005
*NEW* Voice: 646.576.8465
Cell: 917.648.2256
scott.williams@genuity.com

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.