8v vs 16v springs, my insight on the matter

from etka 5.41.5

part # 161-411-105D
years 83-92
Paint codes : Green/Yellow
engine 8v

Part # 161-411-105F
Years 83-89
Paint codes : White/Brown
engine 8v

Part # 533-411-105A
Years 86-89
Paint Code : Grey/Grey/Grey
Engine 16v

considering that the stock spring (not to mention the shocks)
for 8v and 16v have difefrent part number, the obvious would be that they
are not teh same part what ever manufacters would make aftermarket springs
for it.

Now that I have done a long winded "state the obvious" notice.

my insight on this is that the 16v is heavier than the 8v, installing a set
8v "neuspeed" (ie" already lowering springs in 90% of cases) on a car that
would naturally sit lower on a stock set of 8v spring, would most likely
cause;

1. the car to sit very low
2. the tires to rub inside the wheel wells
3. lost of control on the steering, as the overweight rating of the spring
would create a situation of rapid compression on the spring and therefore
causing more "pitch roll" unto the said car, this can create a nasty
situation inb case of emergency stop, turn or swerving on the road.
4. the 16v shocks sitting this "short" would end up finding bottom end stoke
"knocking" and causing premature deteriation of the said shocks and there
fore cause further risk of handling of the 16v car.

should I continue stating numerous other problems this could possibly cause
unto your car?

Patrick
yeah overzelous sometimes when it comes to scirocco's

   /   |/_  __/ ___/  A Texan's Scirocco 1985 8v
  / /| | / /  \__ \   http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco
/ ___ |/ /  ___/ /   (AIM) patricdlc, (ICQ) 32918816