Re: [?] Hotstart Problem Question

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 02:41:41 +0000 "Tobias M-G"
<scirocco16v88@hotmail.com> writes:

>When you have a hotstart issue, which of the wires going to the
>starter are
>affected? Is it one of the smaller wires one the sides or the wire
>attached to the battery?

Actually, the wires are ALL are effected by heat. Furthermore, a hotstart
issue is typically caused by other than electrical problems. Go on a whim
and describe whats happening to you?

>I upgraded to large power wires - 12 or 14 gauge - to connect between
>critical points - battery, starter, alternator.

12 guage isnt that large my friend. 10guage is probably optimum for some
items. (like the alt to battery wire.) Are you sure everything is
connected well?

>Anything I can do to get around the hotstart problem - insulation,
>relaying, hand crank!?

Sure, fix the problem insteam of putting a temp repair on it. Your
delima..... finding the problem. GL!

>Tobias - word of advice, keep a flashlight/emergeny light in the car -
>it sucks to probe the hot engine bay in the dark!!!

He probes hot engines in the dark.... should we call child protective
services or somehing? Kidding dude.  :)

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!