7 weeks later - core support damage fixed

Man it's been a long 7 weeks!  My car went into the frame shop in early
September for cracks in the core support and motor mount area.  As it
came apart and the grease was stripped away, the damage was found to be
much more serious than originally thought.  Fortunately, the frame guy
has done this nasty job before, and Ron Wood of VW Specialties was along
for the ride - Ron also has experience here.  Ron fabricated a custom front
"stress bar" that was added when the welding up of the cracks was completed.
Before and after pics are below.  The resulting repair should leave me with
a front end that's "better than new".

Ron could probably be talked into making more of these bars if anyone is
interested.  The cost is about $200.  Here are the pics.. beware!  The
"before" pics are pretty nasty!

http://www.deco.net/klc/mvc-502s.jpg
http://www.deco.net/klc/mvc-503s.jpg
http://www.deco.net/klc/mvc-504s.jpg