Re: [[CHALLENGE] Scirocco VS Accord ???]

Had to chime in.(big surprise eh?) Mine has the usual, 2L block, 1.8 head and
Euro intake cam, yada yada. It REALLY has 132.6 hp at the wheels (which is
155-158 at the crank depending on the formula) and weighs 2100 lbs ( MkII) So
far its best time has been an embarrassing 15.2 seconds, but I think actually
having a rear suspension may help it dig in and improve the times, it should
do better. ( and every person I've ever spoken to at the track has a similar
story, you think you are faster than you turn out to be) We got ours for the
purpose of import drags, so beating Accords is on the list of "things to do".
As an aside, lots of Honda owners seem to get eliminated early on, not sure if
it is driver error or modifying the cars to the point at which they are not
consistent.

As far as his, my references put the 99 Accord at 2943 lbs for the coupe and a
bit less for the sedan 150hp for the VTEC 4 (this seems WAY too low) or 200
for the 6. I know there are lots of Accords that will blow the doors off my
car, but the numbers don't bear that out. Take it to the track, and then you
will have lots of time slips to argue about, that's the best plan. You should
be able to time trial against each other many times, that's like heads up
racing anyway with an official printout. And you can do the "mine was faster
at 60'" and all that fun stuff.  But he will be consistent with the automatic.
The track's a blast, and if you are already talking cars at work, it's more
grist for the mill. And you don't have to worry about some old lady with a
walker strolling across the street in front of you either.
One more thing, check his trunk for that ever popular purple tank...