Re: Rev's *DROP* when puching clutch IN????

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:40:26 -0400 "Marc Peterson"
<mpeters6@rochester.rr.com> writes:
>I just noticed today that when I push the clutch in my engine rev's
>drop
>approx. 100-150 rpm.  Let it out, rev's climb back to about 900 rpm.
>Is
>this an indication of a failing throw-out bearing?
>
>81 S, stock 1.7, FF
>
>Marc

Sometimes the throwout bearing is the culprit. In a worse case scenerio,
the engine thrust bearing is bad/going bad and the problems are bigger
than you can imagine. Have a friend look at the crankshaft pulley while
you modulate the clutch pedel. If it moves (other than the rotating it
should be doing) then you got problems.
Hope that a new T/O bearing will fix your problem.
GL.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!