Re: TECH:Trying to confirm rod knock

While you have the pan off, drop the rod bearing caps and plastigauge them.
I would also plastigauge the mains too.  IF you see any copper in the
bearings (rods or mains) I would slap a new set in.  You CAN swap in main
bearings with the trans installed, just have to be very careful and don't
pull all the main caps at the same time!!!!  Tap the old top bearings out
with something plastic then tap the new ones back in the same way.  Easiest
way is to do one at a time.  Make SURE before you go through all of this
that the crank is smooth.  Any other questions LMK!

Dave