Clutch falling off; was (RE: 16v starter woes, I think...)

At 03:43 PM 10/23/01 +0000, Chris DeLong wrote:
>Having the clutch fall off wont cause the car to die either.
>

>>A starter-gone-bad would not cause the engine to die if it's already
>>running.  This may be way-out, but it sounds like the flywheel/clutch has
>>come off.  The dying wasn't preceeded by loud, terrible noises, was it?
>>
>>Larry  sandiego16V

Interesting.  Now has anyone actually ever had this happen?  Seems like
it would be a one in a million thing.  Also would question the mechanic's
abilities.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.