Re: Leaky Water Pump

--- '84 Scirocco <scirocco@macslut.org> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm noticing a small leak from the seal of my water
> pump, can one just fix
> the seal or does the whole pump have to be replaced?
>
> Greg
>
> '84 Scirocco

I've tried this (replacing the seal). It's a real PITA
in my opinion.

For the past decade or so I've been replacing the
whole unit - they are only like $44 from adirondack -
ton's of frustration avoided (mainly having to do with
snapping itsy bitsy studs on the WP).

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)