mk1 plastic door shim linings into my mk2?

I was at our local wreckage yard and was looking at a Mk1, and noticed the
plastic shims that go on the door lining at the bottom.  I was wondering if
these long plastic shims will fit into my Mk2 rocco.  I looked at mine to
compare and it looks like I can fit them in the same spot only I would have
to revervse them to where the long side faces inward.  Anyone ever done this
or know if it will fit snug?  I wanna find out before I go back this weekend
to get a wheel hub and other misc. stuff for my car. They're having a half
off day next Sat. if anyone in so. cal is intersted. "Ecology Auto Wrecking"
The reason i thought of the change is cause the mk1 plastic door shim say's
"scirocco" on it and the mk2 are just all black.  Thought it might bring a
little more pazazz to my daily driver.
Thanks for the bandwidth
Premo
DSTracing.4t.com