Re: Drive Axle Question

At 09:41 PM 10/20/01 -0400, Colin wrote:

>According to the books at my parts supplier, the flanges I have are
>actually for
>a 16v, being the 100mm variety.  My question is, is the book wrong or were the
>flanges changed at some point when I wasn't looking?
>      I'm concerned because we're going with the 16v drive axles, and I'm
> going
>to get really cranky if they're the right size at the flanges but the wrong
>length or something equally silly.
>Cheers,
>Colin
They are the size they are supposed to be.  I'm not sure when they made the
change,
but for some reason '85 sticks in my head.  If not, it was '86.  I also
have an 8V and it
too, has 100mm flanges.  It's more like the parts guy's book is wrong.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.