Re: Smog Test = GROSS POLLUTER

> The higher the number on the Octane, the less likely it is to catch
> fire, (like from unintended dieseling). So, it stands to reason that for
> a low compression motor the lower octane might burn more readily, more
> completely and with few leftovers.
>
> TBerk

Tosha might have a point here.  In all my JH engined cars I run the lowest
octane possible.  Never knocks, and my emissions have always come out nice
and clean...

--
Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
79 Scirocco (Parts car)
80 Scirocco (Parts car)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (Katy's Daily Driver)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox