Re: Smog Test = GROSS POLLUTER

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:41:04 -0700 "Fry, Larry" <LEF@chem-tronics.com>
writes:
>You have us there, Eric, CA doesn't look at the gas cap!!!  At least,
>they
>didn't last month when my 'roc was smogged.
>
>Larry  sandiego16V

CA is supposed to test the fuel cap. They're required to test the cap to
be sure it holds pressure.

(*NOTE* Most places have a new gas cap they leave attached on the machine
and allow the machine to test the same cap over and over. Its fairly
common practice in smog shops but not exactly legal. It carries a $2000
fine for the shop owners if caught.)

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!