Re: KW Coilovers

Wow, I am normally I am pretty quiet that is quite a statement!  I would be
interested to know what qualifies HPA  as "a bunch of fucks?"  Marcel Horn
has for all intents and purposes pushed the envelope pretty darned far with
their development of the Mk4 AWD platform and after personally driving their
650 horsepower turbocharged AWD TT I was so impressed that I have made
arrangements to deliver my TT  Roadster to them this spring to undergo a 24
valve VR6 turbo conversion.   Really Riley, I am not flaming you, just
interested to know why this statement was made?

As for us "whoring ourselves" to HPA I would again encourage you to consider
what you just said;  we decided to promote something to our readers that is
IMHO a really damned good product; for the price FAR better of a product
than either the H&R or Koni products.   I didn't for once suggest that the
aforementioned KW competiton is bad in any manner but if you compare like
coilover sets to the KW variant I products I think that you will come away
very impressed.   I have used a ton of suspension products in the past and
would from an engineering standpoint argue the fact that the KW product has
more advanced shock valving and better internal design that will ultimately
lead to a product that will last longer.   I have driven both Mk1 and Mk4
chassis cars with H&R coilovers and KW variant I's and have found the ride
quality and handling to be better in the KW's... Granted, I was not able to
say that in the article since i didn't do a full tech article with charts
and diagrams on it... but before you dismiss the product in a public forum
like this please let me know what your rational reasons are?

Oh, and sorry about the whole "whoring" ourselves out thing happening; when
your hosting costs are nearly $6k per month you gotta charge somebody for
the bandwidth and since none of our users have sent me a check lately.......
well ya know!

Paul