Re: MAXPower article

At 11:18 PM 10/14/2001, VeeWdriver@aol.com wrote:
>Just picked up a copy of MAX Power and read the article about that orang-ish
>Rocco...is it just me or did he make the car slower???  They qoute a 1-60
>time of 8.5 seconds.  I thought that they got 7.5-8.0 depending on the
>magazine doing the test?

7.7 - 8.1 depending on the magazine.  No one I've ever talked to has been
able to better 8.3 to 60 though, which leads me to believe that the
magazines got Euro-Spec cars (or 2.0 liters). :)

More realistic judging by the 16V's power to weight ratio is a 0-60 time of
8.5 seconds.  So the orange Roc is running about stock acceleration.

>Guess those 17" wheels really slow things down!
>
>And they gave it a 130MPH top speed.  This is what a stock 1.8 16V does,
>right?

Nope, 123 or 124 depending on what magazine you read.  Road & Track
estimated 125.

Jason