RE: Depressurizing the fuel system

> What I'm trying to ask in an insanely long winded
> manner, is do I
> have to depressurize before I can change the filter? If
> so, is there a
> different way of doing it?

Welcome to the list... Your 16v should not be any different from my
8v as for the fuel filter change
I create a technote, depressurizing,...AH!, just check the technote
out on my web site.

PS: the fuse you pulled actually disconnected the fuel pump. eh...
of course it won't start its an electrical pump (grin)

The technote is on my web site listed below, in the.... drum
roll... tech note section. under engine I do believe.

  / _ /_  __/ __/ A Texan's Scirocco,
 / __ |/ / _\ \   1985 8v, http://longcoeur.com/scirocco
/_/ |_/_/ /___/   (ICQ) 32918816 (AIM) Patricdlc