RE: Need suggestions if I should repair my 84 or get a new car(long)

I don't live in a big city, but I will end up using it
just for working.  I will end up working on weekends
only since I have a lot of homework during the week. I
won't be driving the car daily too since I will end up
using the school bus but if I need to stay after
school I will drive.  I also have other forms of
transportation but when I do drive it I might have to
take people.
Here is a pic of my car
http://superracer.nfsgarage.net/members/aw614/P7160001.jpg
--- "L. M. Lloyd" <ubik@austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Personally, I think it is a matter of how much you
> need a car.
> Working on a car you love is one of the most
> rewarding things you can
> do, and a great way to express yourself. However, if
> you live in a
> spread out city like L.A. or Houston, going without
> transportation
> between repairs can be difficult if not unbearable.
> Once you get the
> car fixed up, it can be a joy, but when the car
> isn't working, it can
> be a real pain to deal with everyone you know
> ribbing you about how
> your car never runs.
>
> If you have another form of transportation (friends,
> parents) then
> when you are young is one of the best times to fix
> up a car, since
> you don't have as many financial obligations as you
> do later in life,
> and I would say go for it. If, on the other hand,
> you need the car to
> get to a job everyday after school, and you have no
> other way to get
> there, then a fixer-upper might not be such a great
> idea. I have had
> three (or four depending on how you count it)
> Sciroccos over the
> years as well as a Triumph Spitfire, and BMW 530i, a
> VW Fox, and
> Nissan 240Z. Of all of them, I have definitely
> settled on Sciroccos
> as my all time perfect car, because once you get
> them fixed up
> nicely, they are really reliable, and a blast to
> drive, but until you
> get them all fixed up, they breakdown a lot! I would
> not recommend a
> Scirocco that is in disrepair as your only car
> unless you are either
> going to dump a lot of money into it very quickly,
> or are prepared to
> go without a car for stretches of time.
>

> The goal is to overcome the deliberate nature of the
> process.

=====
-Andrew
1984 Black Scirocco(stock)