RE: Clutch pushrod/throwout bearing

Haha! I had the same "problem". I had worked for TWO DAYS to get that damn
clutch in (hey, it was my first time). Got the tranny in and everything
bolted together. Then, just before hooking up the clutch cable, I pushed it
with my hand. It moved with no tension for at least 3" and then seemed to
hit a brick wall. I thought I had f'cked up my whole clutch job and had to
start all over! I was so mad I just about lost it.

For some reason, I decided to hook up the clutch cable anyway just to make
sure. Good thing I did, 'cause that's the way it's supposed to be! The cable
took all the slack out, and my 2L pressure plate is simply too hard to push
with your hands. Feels fine from the clutch pedal though.

Neal